The Indiana State University Office of Public Safety is a full service police department made up of 25 fully commissioned law enforcement offices that has earned accreditation from the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators. These Officers provide attendees and staff with a wide variety of 24 hour support including:
- Medical Emergency Assistance
- Building Security
- Traffic Detail
- Safety Escorts
- Assisting with Event Security
Additional Across Campus Security
Blue Light Phone
The Blue Light Phone System provides a direct link to the Public Safety Department and to 911 services. The phone system also has a “Push for Help” button that is to be used in emergency situations as well as an “Info” button for non-emergency situations, such as escort requests, battery jump requests, vehicle lock-outs, and to report minor incidents.
Indiana State University employs the RAVE Emergency Text Messaging System to send text messages to subscriber cell phones and/or e-mail addresses. This system will be activated when:
- A Tornado Warning is issued for the immediate Terre Haute area.
- A major chemical spill occurs on or near campus.
- A major criminal event resulting in, or having potential to result in, widespread personal injury occurs on campus.
- ISU campus will be closed due to a weather-related emergency.
- A Campus Crime Alert is issued.
- Any other occasions as deemed appropriate by University officials.
- An “All Clear” text message will be sent when the situation has been resolved.