Camp Organizer Page Information
For those planning to host a summer camp at Indiana State University, this link below provides information you will need to know regarding the current ISU guidelines for hosting a program for minor children. Please review it carefully as you make preparations for your camp.
1) The first step in your planning is to sign the document linked below and submit it to Conference and Event Services Office, HMSU 222:
Quick topics found within Guidelines for Programs Involving Minors:
- Exclusions – on page 1
- Criminal Background Checks – on page 1
- Student Conduct Check, Screening and Training – on page 2
- Scheduling Programs that Involve Minors – on page 3
- Procedures for University-Sponsored Programs and Events -on page 3
- External Organization Sponsored Procedures for On-Campus Programs – on page 4
- Procedures for Employees/Volunteers with On-Going University Programs – on page 4
- Reporting Suspected Child Abuse or Neglect – on page 5
- Prevention Strategies – on page 5
- Documentation Requirements – on page 6
2) Please fill out the online summer camp registration form here.
3) Please fill out the Event Authorization form (for background checks) and return it to Tami.Weinzapfel-Smith@indstate.edu
4) Facilities Use Agreement: TBA
Staff and volunteers that are covered by this policy must complete required training prior to beginning work with minor children. The mandatory training program, Protecting the Rights of Minors On Campus, is available to students and employees and can be accessed in the MyISU portal through Sycamore eLearning.
Staff members and volunteers should complete the entire training, print the certificate of completion, and provide a copy to their supervisors. Completed training is valid for a period of two years. After that time, the training program must be completed again. Departments and programs may require additional training.
If you have any additions questions about camps, contact Judy Price at Judith.Price@indstate.edu.